Tuesday, May 25, 2010

"Camera Tossing" or Kinetic Photography


I couldn't sleep last night. It was 3 in the morning and I was exploring sites on photography when I came across a technique called "camera tossing" or "kinetic photography". It has to do with achieving some interesting results by purposely moving your camera as much as you can while snapping a photograph.

As I said, it was in the middle of the night, the house was quiet, I couldn't sleep so I was game for anything to pass the time! So, I gave it a try and you see here two of my favorites from my experiment.

Normally I am a purist. I like to do things the way they should be done. However, tossing my one and only Nikon into the air while taking a photo was a bit beyond my limits in the area of adventure even at 3 in the morning. But I certainly did shake it around and swing my arms all of the while clicking away. When I put my camera card into the reader and brought up the pictures I was very surprised and excited with the results. One usually uses light in a dark space to achieve some really interesting effects, but I hope that I will be sleeping tonight rather than giving that technique a try. If not, you'll be blessed with some new and unusual photos tomorrow here in my blog.
Here is a link to see some really amazing shots of Kinetic photography. You could also do a search on "flickr" and see some others. That is, if you're interested.
http://www.smashingmagazine.com/2009/09/25/beautiful-examples-of-kinetic-photography/

3 comments:

Megg said...

I do this sometimes :) I did one the other day and it looked a little like rushing air, I think it's on my blog(magicalzombiecat) under photography if you wanna take a look :) x

annie said...

Lunettes de soleil chanel
lunettes de soleil dolce gabbana
Lunettes de soleil louis vuitton
lunettes de soleil ray ban
Porte cles chanel
Porte cles louis vuitton
portefeuille louis vuitton
portefeuille&purse
portefeuille burberry
portefeuille chanel
portefeuille chloe
portefeuille coach
portefeuille dolce gabbana
portefeuille fendi
portefeuille gucci
portefeuille hermes
portefeuille juicy
portefeuille lacoste

Boob said...

La corrupción en FOGUAVI, ha sido denunciada y atacada incluso por los miembros de su Junta Directiva,Fernando PaizMaselli representante de ANACOVI ante la junta directiva del Fondo Guatemalteco para la Vivienda, nos comenta las batallas libradas dentro de la junta directiva de FOGUAVI y relata cómo el fantasma de la corrupción y el tráfico de influencias tienen sometida a esta institución.